I was born in the Mile High City of Denver Colorado back in 1983. Growing up in the large suburb of Arvada, the looming Rocky Mountains were always a backdrop to my life. Although I loved nature I didn’t spend all that much time in it while growing up. But that all changed when I picked up my parent’s point-n-shoot digital camera in 2000. The thing that got me hooked, and continues to do so, is the fact that photography is all about capturing time. How many times have you looked at a photo and remember all the things about that event? For me it’s one of the best ways to hold on to a memory long after they fade from our minds. After starting out with the point-n-shoot I soon learned the in and outs of digital photography. And a few more years down the line I graduated to the level of a DSLR (Digital Single-Lens Reflex) and have continued with my passion. Although my primary focus in photography is Nature, I also strive to capture the details of Architecture and to a lesser extent every day events.
Aside from nature, my education has had a lasting impact on my photography. After graduating from Arvada West High School in 2002, I continued my thirst for knowledge at the University of Colorado at Boulder. During my four years there I took countless classes in the science and design fields. Within the curriculum I was able to learn more about the natural and built environments, which ultimately added richness to the scenes I was capturing. I graduated with honors and currently hold a Bachelors of Environmental Design (B.Envd). After excelling in my design studies I began working in the Architectural design field. Today I could be found working in downtown Boulder at a small Architecture firm, SSArchitects.
A multitude of my photographic work has been published in numerous magazines, books and websites. Aside from photography, I love doing work in the Graphic Design field by creating logos, graphics, and websites for various clients. My love of such work has culminated into a website called Yucca Arts. I also build and service computers which is something I’ve been doing since I was thirteen years old.
- Modern in Denver (Summer 2013)
- Denver Life Magazine (May 2013)
- 5280 Magazine (Summer 2012, May 2009)
- Savage Run book by C.J. Box (cover – UK Edition June 2011)
- Casa Ecologica book (2011 Italy)
- Atomic Ranch Magazine (Summer 2010)
- Where Guestbook Colorado (photo essay 2009)
- Rematerial: From Waste to Architecture book by Camila Sanjinés & Alejandro Bahamón (2009 Spain)
- Architectural Record Online (June 2008)
- Dwell Magazine (Oct 2008)
- Echo Pages – Westminster Phone Book (2008)
- Metropolitan Home Magazine (April 2008)
- Environmental Design + Construction Magazine (January 2008)
- 641 Design West Studio
- Arden & Associates
- Barber-Nichols, Inc.
- Barris Laser & Skin Care
- Beyer Brown & Associates
- Cadence Design Studio
- Coover-Clark & Associates
- Denver Apartment Solutions
- Greg Fisher Architect
- Hydros Consulting
- Josh White Custom Homes
- Longmont Museum and Cultural Center
- Peter Pauper Press, Inc.
- Pyatt Studio
- R Design
- Red Pencil Architecture
- StudioHOFF Architecture
- The 3rd Space
- University of Colorado (Denver/Boulder)
- 2011 Daily Deviation at Deviantart.com (05/24)
- 2010 International Conservation Photography Awards – Honorable Mention
- 2009 “Photo of the Day” on Shutterbugs (6/29), Steve’s Digicam (7/1)
- 2006 Rocky Mountain Nature Photographers (RMNP) Fall Colors Contest
- 2006 “Best of Show” Eldorado Canyon State Park Photo Contest